Student Visa

At KentWell Consultants, our partner immigration solicitors can help you to fulfill your dream of studying abroad by providing a complete package for your Study Visa along with assessment, admission, and visa application. Approach us on 0203 909 8399 or contact us online.

Whether you belong to any corner of the world, if you want to study in the UK, you have to apply for a student visa via this new Student Visa route. But if you are a student of a native English-speaking country, then you just have to provide your passport in order to prove your English language proficiency. That’s crucial for visa application purposes.

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) 10 points

Prior to applying for a Tier 4 (General) student visa, you have to wait until you get an offer from a university. Once you get any offer from a university, apply for a document – Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) to your university. But it will happen only if your university is approved as a licensed Tier 4 sponsor by the UK government. 

Student financial requirements 10 points

Financial coverage matters a lot in this Student Visa category. If you want to meet the Student Financial Requirements by earning 10 points, you must have enough amount to meet your expenses for the first academic year. Along with this, the applicants have to show willingness through funds to cover the living costs for up to 9 months. 

Additionally, they must have to demonstrate the recommended level of funds for consecutive 28 days, until they are dependent on a student loan, a scholarship awarded by the government or an international sponsored agency, or anywhere else they are accruing a specific chunk for your funds as other financial sponsorship from their student sponsor. This 28-day time frame should end something like 31 days before the application date, as a prerequisite.

English Language Ability 10 points

If an applicant belongs to any region of the world where English is not a native language, then it just has to submit an approved English language certificate from a well-recognized and approved center of the University, in order to show English language proficiency.  

However, if the applicant is a national of an English-speaking country, which the Home Office deems to be as “majority English-speaking”, then the passport will be the only requirement in order to prove English proficiency for Student Visa application purposes.


Yes! The students who belong to any native English-speaking country need not prove their English proficiency. They just have to show their passport. That will be enough to show that they are native English speakers. However, if the applicant is not an English speaker, proving English proficiency will be necessary.
The Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) is a document offered by the university for students willing to study abroad. It’s not only a piece of paper; rather, it’s a green signal for confirming your foreign studies. But for this, your university has to be Tier 4 licensed approved by the UK government.

Yes, why not..! You can pursue a job along with your studies in the UK. But for this, you have to follow the specific guidelines given by the school. You will mostly get a part-time opportunity to avail for earning, which is also associated with specific hours per week.